Blogger Layouts

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Introducing: John Michael Wooldridge

 
 John Michael was born November 15, 2011 @ 5:28pm.  He was 5 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long.
We were not expecting to have a baby on Tuesday, we were scheduled for an ultra sound to see how big he was.  My mom and Joyce came with me for the ultrasound and to our shock, they said he is small for 39 weeks and that there was not enough amniotic fluid surrounding him.  SO, we "ran" or walked fast over to labor and delivery to be admitted.  Dan came shortly after I was in bed and getting an IV.  The nurses in labor and delivery were AMAZING and kept an eye on me
the entire time.  Our doctor came in and said that knowing about the fluid and his size, that they wanted to try Pitocin to see if he was able to handle labor and contractions.  He was a trooper for a while, until the Pitocin was upped really high to get a good contraction and his little heart rate dropped drasticly.  The 3 nurses that were hanging out with me ran in, placed me on oxygen and then came our Dr. who said it was time for a C-Section because they said he was intolerant to labor and contractions.  Super scary for Dan and I to be rushed around being placed on the table and 

 prepped, but all worth it.  I was always against a C-Section unless medically necessary, it's a very different experience and I had my little freak out moment when I was all numb and unable to move.  Dan was awesome and calmed me down.  Before we knew it John was here and they put him over the curtain for us to see and he was PERFECT!  My little peanut.  In recovery he latched on immediately and has been a pretty good little feeder.  We have had a lot of visitors which is fantastic because John loves to meet his family and loves being held by his cousins.




                               
 
The first pic is of Madison and baby John.  Next is Helen and baby John and then Jack, Grandma Scantlin and Baby John.  We are so very blessed and happy to have such wonderful family and friends around.  We hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!  We will be at home Cozy and Warm.  Come Christmas we will make our rounds.  Love you all.  I want to wish Emma and soon to be baby Payton and Lisa and soon to be baby twins a great and speedy delivery!  I hope you two pop soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment